Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Welcome to Open House Room 355 ELA

This is the final version for class of my digital story that I created to share at Open House with incoming parents and students.  I decided to use Windows Movie Maker for this project.  I love my final product since I was able to add narration.  I thought it was going to be a struggle to match my voice to each picture.  Therefore, I decided to record each pictures narration separately.  While this made recording and re-recording much easier however, when you play the digital story you can somewhat hear the difference between each pictures narration.  I do plan to update it before the actual Open House in September with more specific information.
I believe it is very appropriate for my school and me.  I personally feel this is perfect for me since I strongly dislike speaking in front of anyone other than children.  For this digital story, I was thinking of the parents that might not be able to attend the Open House and how I could relay information to them.  I thought this would be useful for that purpose. 
If I were to do this again, which I plan to, I will need to have all the pictures in one file, know exactly what I want to say, and have a better microphone.  I think I would try to match the music to the pictures but I did not see the need to since I had narration.  If I were to use this technology in my class, I think my students would pick up how to use is quickly.  The challenge would be that it would need to be quiet if they were to record narration while using Windows Movie Maker.
I am excited and proud to share with you my final product.  Please feel free to leave feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Love,

    If your students wear headphones when recording, background sounds won't be picked up. Something to consider as your schools looks to ensure the right tech tools are in place.

    Glad you got to use MovieMaker. It has many features, and, thus, allows for adding layers to a digital story--still images, movies, narration, transitions, music, voiceover, and more. Digital storytelling has so many possibilities and it fits perfectly with the English language arts curriculum both for the teacher to develop materials for classroom use and for students to use as a multi-faceted form of communication.

    ReplyDelete