Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reflection Through Digital Expression

This has been an amazing learning experience. I have learned so much about technology I actually feel like I could share some of my knowledge in a PD with my colleagues, I hate public speaking so through a digital story of course.  Judy has made learning fun with the use of technology. I am excited for the next school year because I cannot wait to try out more of the things I learned in class with my students.  I have already signed up to participate in the Global Read Aloud.  I especially loved working with Google Drive and Google Docs.  I figured out that I can upload pictures and documents from my phones Google Drive and it shows up instantly on my laptop.  No more emailing myself.  In addition, I learned about the Snipping Tool built into my computer.  I keep that on my tool bar for easy access.  I enjoyed using VoiceThread, Animoto, Storybird,  Padlet (my personal favorite) and learning how to embed links into my post.  There are still other teaching tools I have yet to try like GoAnimate, Tagxedo, and Bitstrips but will explore them this summer. 

Notice how I was able to link to the sites I mentioned. Yup, I could not do that before this class. 

Here is my attempt using Voki.  I had fun changing the different voice and creating funny faces. My Voki looks glum because class is almost over and it is bittersweet.


1 comment:

  1. I love your Voki, especially because she is portraying what you are feeling right now! I agree with you, I have learned so many technological tools and tricks that are so easy to integrate into the classroom. Like you, I can't wait to use the summer to figure out how I will use them right from the start with my class next fall. Did you find that you could only put a small amount of text into your Voki? That was a problem I was running into. We will have to discuss further in class. Great job, Love! I especially like your shoutout to Judy!

    ReplyDelete