Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ruff! Rough Draft of My Digital Story

For my digital story, I had two choices; I could create a digital story for my Accelerated Reader program or for Open House for the beginning of school.  I decided to create my first digital story to share at Open House.  For starters, I strongly dislike public speaking.  I can talk to my students all day long: however, if I have to address my peers in a public forum, I become extremely anxious.  Either way this rough draft of my digital story had my head spinning.
I began using VoiceThread but I wanted to add seamlessly music and not just my voice.  So then, I tried using Photo Story 3 and Windows Movie Maker at the same time.  I uploaded all the pictures and screenshots and began moving them around.  Photo Story 3 is linear and when moving pictures around was cumbersome.  However, Movie Maker was nonlinear and I felt like I had more space to maneuver. 
The hardest part of this journey was taking pictures that I thought would be useful in my digital story.  However, the trickiest part of creating my digital story was trying to do the narration.  I had issues with the sound on my laptop.  Then I would try to record my voice and the microphone stopped working.  I decided to try music.  Since I am extremely indecisive, selecting music that I thought would match took more time than necessary.  Below is my "ruff" draft. I intend to add my voice little by little maybe one slide at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment