Thursday, June 19, 2014

Survey Says...

Today was the last day of the school year.  I normally like to ask students questions about how they like being in my ELA class. I usually have students hand write their responses.  I tell them that their responses are anonymous and not to write their name on the paper. Well to a degree this is true, but after a year of reading their writing I can figure out who said what.  I have recently learned how to create a survey using Google Forms (another amazing Google tool) after watching a short tutorial.  I have embedded the survey below.


Now, I would like to give this to my students without them going to my blog or typing in the long link to the form.  Running short on time, I decided to create a new wall in Padlet and paste the form's URL there as a link.  Before publishing the wall, I changed the settings to "view only" so that no one could modify the document.  Now I am ready for their responses!
Padlet Link to Survey
I am sure there is an easier way to send students to the form, but I do not know how at this time. Also, since I have created my first survey using this tool I am wondering what else I can use with Google Forms.  Anyone have any ideas? Please share.

1 comment:

  1. A few ideas:
    1) survey your students at the beginning of the year to find out their interests
    2) survey your students at the end of a unit of study to get feedback on what worked out well for them and what they found challenging
    3) survey them to get their opinion after a special school event or field trip
    4) survey them to find out what kinds of technology they have at home or what tech tools they like to use
    5) create a survey that taps into their imagination, maybe asking them to imagine a fantasy island and who lives there--this might help with generating ideas for writing creative fiction

    ReplyDelete